Monday, February 21, 2011

Learn some English, tiny dancer...

So, some of my classes are always wonderful, and some are always taxing...and most of the time I can never really anticipate the chaos that is going to happen on any given day, but one of my fifth grade classes hardly ever lets me down. Each new unit in the English books has a section that crams all of the vocabulary into one weird & basically non-sensical song...and I usually skip the song, because while the kids love to jam out to the music, they tend to skip over the whole singing part, I end up trying to learn a dumb song in 2 minutes, and looking like a moron when I get the words wrong. And nobody else is messing up with me because they're all perfecting their air guitar solo (which does not require singing).

Anyways, in this one fifth grade class, though, I thought I'd let them listen to the song, because they could handle it. I considered it a leap of faith. One student LOVES dancing, however, and offered to come to the front of the class and perform some original choreography. The class all moaned, being quite familiar with his moves, but I thought I'd give him a shot.

This is the genius that followed:



Sometimes the kids make my job really easy. The kids think I'm gonna put the video on Youtube in the year 2029. That was their interpretation of "when you've forgotten all about it, I'll show it to you". This happened last Friday and they've definitely already moved on to bigger and better things like Virginia, the ghost that lives in the bathroom and appears in blood if you say her name three times in the girls bathroom. I'll update on that one soon, potentially later tonight. Until then, enjoy the music :)

P.S. for those of you without Facebook (CLOE), here is a link to my photo album with pictures of my little ones making Valentine's, as well as pictures of the school's chapel. Quite beautiful.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment