Thursday, May 7, 2009

To the citizens of Zionsville...I do not have epilepsy.

To set the scene: It's 11:49 a.m. I have spent the last half our at Starbucks chatting with my wonderful coworkers and getting coffee/breakfast. I'm in a good mood. I'm driving home from work and the sun has decided to pop out so I of course put down my window to enjoy the breeze.

BAD LIFE CHOICE.

As soon as I pull up to a stop light, a dark loomy object flies into my window. I heard buzzing but I was hoping to death it was a fly.

I was wrong.

The mysterious object had migrated to my passenger's side (and thanks to my non-automatic windows they were not down already...) and to my absolute horror the sucker was the size of my fist. It was a huge ass bumble bee.

http://static.flickr.com/2201/2316476916_03c7929fb5.jpg

Like that one. See how he looks smug and huge, like if he tried to fly he'd just kinda hover around because his weight makes it physically impossible to gracefully float? This bee was like the Fat Bastard of all bumblebees. I think it was the size of my fist. I'll say it again.

Well I got petrified. I literally leaned as far out of my window as possible (light still red) and I panic. How can I get the beast outside?? The door was locked!! And I don't have power locks! At this point I have 4 cars who I notice are just staring at me and wondering if I need help.

So the light goes green and I've just picked up an unwanted passenger that keeps buzzing louder and louder and I'm so petrified I could hardly steer. I pull over into the nearest parking lot and put the car in park. I keep trying to get out of the car but the beast sensed my fear and started coming at my face. Turns out I didn't put the car in park so we start rolling down the street. I start swatting and squealing and trying to get out of the car while also trying not to have heart palpitations because I'm shaking so badly. I was eventually able to put the car in park and run a block away waiting for the beast to exit my car. It was so big I could see it leave from a distance.

So I get back in my car and drive away quickly so it can't get back in my car. As I'm putting on my seatbelt, I realize that I have 5 different cars just sitting there watching me, with concerned but amused looks on their faces. How freakin embarrassing...

The worst part? I come home to find out that today is Kid's Mental Health Awareness Day. Damn.

1 comment:

  1. You should post this on FML. Oh Chelsea, something like this would only happen to you. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete